Monday, May 4, 2015

MET GALA 2015 - Best Dressed.

Hey everyone, it's been a little while since the last time I posted something but today I'm here with my personal favorites from this MET GALA and I have to tell you that actually I'm a bit disappointed because a lot of people didn't follow the theme which was "China: Through the Looking Glass" a lot of them tried too hard so it was a complete mess and some others just.. lacked of creativity.
It's rare to say this because the MET GALA is the Oscar's of the fashion industry so everything is supposed to be very fashionable and stunning, overwhelming.. etc. 
But there's always someone who did it right and for me here they are:

EVERYBODY GO HOME! We've seen it all! Just kidding, I'm not.. Ok, what I'm trying to say is that she is my absolutely favorite of the night, hands down for Fan BingBing in her custom Christopher Bu gown, this is what it should always be, it's perfect, so colorful, it goes amazingly well with the theme, so glamorous yet elegant, this is how you attend to the MET GALA, I could cry because of the perfection of this entire look, including the makeup and hair, the little clutch and to that add that she's stunning, this could not be more perfect.



Kristen Wiig in Prabal Gurung.
Ok, so here she totally missed the theme of the MET GALA but she is so well dressed that I just couldn't let her go, she looks stunning, that dress in that color is so damn beautiful, she looks flawless.

Sienna Miller in a Thakoon fringe sequined tuxedo.
I know this looks a bit like "Spain themed" but if you use a little of your imagination it could pass as China too, I think she looks gorgeous, she may not be posing perfectly but she tried and I actually like it a lot because it's what it's on trend but she took it to another level. 

Kendall Jenner in Calvin Klein.
It's no surprise that she's wearing Calvin Klein, but I like the color, I like that it's simple because the dress it's crystal encrusted. She always looks effortless and I believe that is key to actually look beautiful and the little details on the sides, that completely goes with the theme so it's a huge yes from me.

Amanda Seyfriend in Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci custom made gown.
Because she's white and the dress is white as hell you can't really notice the details but I like it, she looks really beautiful and I'm not sure she completely goes with the theme, but that doesn't matter if you can look elegant, I would probably just change her heels.

Emily Ratajkowski in custom Topshop.
This is what fashion is about, she's wearing Topshop yet she managed to look way more better than someone who's wearing Versace or Chanel, it's not about who you're wearing it's about how creative you are with what you have and how much effort you put into it, she looks beautiful, it perfectly goes with the theme and it doesn't look cheap or tacky at all, it looks "high-fashion" I would change her heels but other than that, it's good to me.

Anne Hathaway in Ralph Lauren.
Even though you could thing this is such a simple look the fact that is completely gold makes it perfect without having to add something more, it's risky but I personally like plus is you look into it, it kind of goes with the theme, I like the little hoodie that is attached to the gown, like I said, risky but it works to me.

Bee Shaffer.
Way to go, red which is very common in the Chinese culture, the cherry blossoms in this beautiful gown, her hair, the makeup, the jewelry, she looks amazing. 

Emily Blunt in Prada.
The blue of her gown has been my favorite for a while now and I couldn't love her complete look more, it's absolutely stunning, the cape, the contrast of the red carpet with the dress, the makeup, the hair, so so classy and elegant, it goes with the theme but it's not something obvious, it's very subtle, I just love it.

Diane Kruger: Chanel Haute Couture two piece embroidered ensemble.
I like the vibes that she gives me in this chiffon pants with the embroidered flowers, probably if you take the flowers in her head off and the clutch you wouldn't think that it really goes with the theme of the MET GALA but that's where they(she) did a good job, because it all comes together, the hair, the outfit, the makeup and the clutch.


I hope you enjoyed this review as much as I did writing it even though I almost got a heart attack because I accidentally deleted everything right after I was done but if you click on your screen and then select "undo" it takes you back to what you had, so thank god for computers and technology. 
Goodnight everyone!

Sincerely, Diana x




No comments:

Post a Comment